It’s October and fall is in full-swing! Edie loves to cook, and she wanted to share her favorite fall dish with all of you: Hungarian Szekely Goulash. It’s rich, warm, and flavorful; perfect for a chilly day with your loved ones.
For the recipe, see below:
Hungarian Szekely Goulash
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
1.5 lbs Pork
2 lbs Sauerkraut, fresh and drained
2 Onions, sliced/chopped
1 Green Pepper
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 TSP Caraway seeds
1/4 cup Paprika
3/4 cup Sour Cream
- Brown the pork, onions, and bell pepper in a large pan.
- Season with S&P and add Caraway seeds.
- Stir in the sauerkraut (be sure it’s rinsed and drained)
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stir occasionally. Cook until pork is nice & soft; add water if needed.
- 20 minutes before goulash is done, stir in sour cream and paprika. Do not allow the goulash to boil at this point.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.